Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC) has created a joint venture (JV) firm with Singapore-based Food Collective to launch two new cafe brands in the Philippines.

According to a report by the World Coffee Portal, the collaboration will introduce Singapore-based café brands Common Man Coffee Roasters and Tiong Bahru Bakery to the Philippines.

JFC will own a 60% stake in the JV firm while the remaining 40% stake will be owned by Food Collective.

The companies have invested up to 250m pesos ($4.5m) in the partnership.

JFC has also agreed to lead the management and operations of the joint venture.

The café concept Common Man Coffee Roasters was founded in 2013 and currently operates five outlets in Singapore alongside a single site in Malaysia.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Meanwhile, Tiong Bahru Bakery was established in 2012 and operates 16 cafés across Singapore.

Subject to regulatory approval, JFC intends to open at least one Common Man Coffee Roasters in the country this year.

World Coffee Portal quoted JFC CEO Ernesto Tanmantiong as saying: “We are excited to enter this joint venture with FCPL to own and operate the Tiong Bahru Bakery and Common Man Coffee Roasters in the Philippines.

“These brands will be a strong addition to JFC’s foreign franchised brands and will allow JFC to capture an even greater opportunity and strengthen JFC’s position for further growth in the Philippine market.”

In February 2021, JFL collaborated with the Japanese beef bowl restaurant chain Yoshinoya to open 50 Yoshinoya stores in the Philippines.